Thursday, January 29, 2009

Converstation with a 4 yr old



In the car:
"Mommy, I am too silly."
"You are not too silly."
"Yes I am. Look (proceeds to make a face sticking out his tongue)"
"Well, that is silly. But I like you silly. Your daddy and papa, and I are very silly too."
"Yeah, you are. (makes weird noises like booga da booga blah bleh boo)."

Today after nap:
"Mommy I'm straving."
"Get a gogurt."

10 minutes later.....
"I am still hungry."
"I will make you a snack." I give him chips and a spinach artichoke dip....don't laugh the kid loves that stuff!

10 minutes later.....(trying to do grades for the semester)....
"Mommy, you want to watch my show with me? I will give you my chips."
"Sure, I was going to grade papers while you were watching that."
"Can I have cereal?"
"No, you just had yougurt and chips and dip. You can wait till dinner."
"But I saved you my chips."

In the Store:
while music is playing:
"Look at this!" (proceeds to do some form of hip hop dancing.)
"Wow, you are a great dancer."
"I know. Mommy, you need that coat. It is just perfect for you."

4 comments:

  1. This is great that you are documenting the conversations. Ethan is so fun to talk to! My favorite conversation with him was that time last year when I asked him about his birthday. "what do you remember about the day you were born?" Ethan - I just couldn't quite figure out how old I was."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today he told mom "one more day and then it is February." What happens in February? "My birthday on February 7th." Smart kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS! my favorite from Ethan: Ethan, what are you going to ask Santa for Christmas? "I can't tell you, it's a guy thing". (btw...it was the race car track).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the birthday gift for my dad.
    Papa: Ethan what did you get me for my birthday?
    Ethan: Can't tell you it is a secret.
    Next day:
    Mom: Ethan what do you want to get papa for his birthday.
    Ethan: can't tell you it is a secret.
    Mom: EThan, I can't help you buy it if I don't know what gift you want to get.
    Ethan: Oh right. Papa needs a rubber mallet.

    ReplyDelete