Sunday, June 6, 2010

Fast Results

(before)
We had another answer to prayer, though not the way I thought it would go. We had the MRI on Friday. Then we had to wait the long weekend to get the results. My plan was to go up on Tuesday, spend three hours in the nurses office to start the medication (propranolol). But life doesn't often go the way I planned.


(watching the mobile at Children's)


The MRI showed a malformed blood vessel which meant we had to start the medication as an inpatient at Children's. So Tuesday Ayla and I headed north. Instead of three hours we spent 3 days. But the results were AMAZING! We are praising God. After one dose we noticed a HUGE difference in both the hemangiomas on her cheek and her eyelid.

(after one day on propranolol)

Propranolol works from the inside out, both the hemangiomas deeper layers under the skin. The other ones, just reds spots are starting to get lighter after a week.

(today!!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! just saw these pics :) Ayla is looking great!!! Can't wait to see her again :)

    ReplyDelete