We all know that Moms are looked at as super heroes. Most women will tell you don't worry, you can't do it all. You can't be “Super Mom.” (Insert super hero theme song) And that is true. Who could do the laundry, make the lunches, wash the dishes, change the baby, cook the meals, drive the mom mobile, sew the costumes, read the bed time stories, have an immaculate home at all times, ensure all members are up, dressed and out the door on time, have a job outside of the house, and spend time on facebook? It is a daunting task.
My house is a mess. I can't seem to keep it as clean as my mom did. How did she do it? I get it clean for company, so mom did raise me right.
My daughter always has a clean bottom. Dishes are done before things grow.
We spend an inordinate amount of time commuting. We live 30 minutes away from daycare and school. I'm crazy I know it. There are many wasted hours that I could be home cleaning, vacuuming, or running to the store for milk. Not to mention, all the activities have my son in and wait in town for him to finish. But we use that time for car games, reading, talking, and telling stories.
But what I am able to accomplish makes me feel like “Super Mom.” I want to be the mom that amazes everyone, and I do try. I may not always be successful but I give it my best. Maybe story time happens while my daughter is sitting on the potty as a way to distract her from what we are really doing in there. Or maybe instead of buying the expensive costume I make a cool Jedi one using a quick pattern I found. I know where the missing boy scout book is, I can make a music cd for the daycare program, and I can make a mean crockpot meat loaf. That makes me the super hero to my family.
So hand over those tights, make mine green please, and I will squeeze my not so perfect body into them to stand in my super hero pose (again insert theme song).
No comments:
Post a Comment