So my dear boy wanted Knights this year. I had to rack my brain on this one. No one carries knight party supplies, but I had to stick with the theme. I am a theme planner, I guess it comes from years of Child care and throwing "parties." A theme is just how I function.
I planned on having the children decorate shields. What is a knight without his shield?? Then I thought about hobby horses but changed it to making paper swords to go with their shields. I know, a educator encouraging war play. Oh my what is the world coming too. The organization was a bit daunting until I found Oriental Trading had shields and paper swords to kids to decorate. They even had "Knight's Party" plates, cups and napkins! Woo Hoo!
The children (with help from a couple of Dads, thanks Ryan and Dale) decorated their swords with foil...to make them silver, and jewels on the hilts.
I turned the windows into castle walls...
Made a cake in the shape of a shield, decorated with a picture inspired by a real coat of arms....
The children built castles and wore crowns they made as a party hat. When their castles were finished we gave them knights and princesses and dragons to play with in the castles.
Ethan had a wonderful time! I know each of the guests enjoyed themselves too. I can't wait to see what theme he comes up with for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment