Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow


I am sure everyone around here is sick of snow. We have seen more snow this winter than we have seen in over a decade. The December storms broke fifty year records. Today's light storm dropped another inch on us at least. But it was fun.

Ethan was home when I got off work. He and I played a bit out in the white cold wetness, made a snow angel, played hide and seek (which does not work as well with footprints tattle telling), and had a wonderful snowball fight.


Then we had to go in and warm up, eat lunch, and take a needed nap. Once those things were accomplished we headed back outside. Lucky for us it had continued to snow. Ethan and I did not want to build a snowman...at least I didn't. I am sick of our neighbors knocking down any snowman we build. So I taught him how to make a snow fort....Northern Michigan style. We scrounged for a rectangled shape container to use as the mold. And I showed him how to stagger the bricks. He is really good at building! The silly thing kept getting higher and higher. I have no clue how many bricks we made but is looks good.

The funny thing is....as we were building...two kids got off the bus in our drive way. Yes the stupid school district put a bus stop in my driveway...anyway....they looked at us. "Oh cool, they are building a snow fort." "I never thought of using Tupperware. I will have to try that."

I fully expect to see Tupperware forts up and down the street tomorrow if the snow hangs on through the night.

1 comment:

  1. I love the first pic of ethan. How fun to build a fort. If we ever visit when it snows, Ethan will have to show Jack how it is done.

    ReplyDelete