Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cakes Galore


Ethan and I love to cook. In the past, we stuck to the basics....cookies. Then one day we were watching our favorite show together (Food Network Challenge) and they were making tall cakes. He wanted to make a tall cake. I went and bought cake pans and mix and we made a double layer cake complete with sprinkles on top. It turned out so cute. This is the cake he made with daddy for me.

One day I was perusing the bargain shelf at Barnes and Noble and saw the cutest cookbook. Easy Cooking for Kids. Each recipe has a picture of the finished product. In the margin there are pictures of each main ingredient, and it uses basics that are easy to get. Ethan loved the book! He wouldn't put it down.

So last night I told him we were going to make the recipe he wanted for breakfast (yeah this book breaks it up like a regular cookbook.) We looked at the page he wanted, mini cinnabuns. We read the ingredients, wrote our shopping list for the three things we needed. He actually wrote the list...so CUTE! Once our list was complete we had to go shopping. Ethan carried the basket while I read the list. He was so proud of himself. He even managed to put it on the register for the cashier.

This morning, Ethan woke up bright and early, excited to make his breakfast. The mini cinnabuns turned out wonderful....of course as a mom I added scrambled eggs and milk to make a compete breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment